Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and to be construed in accordance with U.S. law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the U.S. courts.
About your Payments:
- This website (pay.africa.com) is a payment facility for payments made by, or on behalf of, Students who are enrolling in an online course.
- Payments are generally processed within three business days. In some cases, longer processing times may be required, i.e. bank wire transfers.
- Please ensure that you enter billing details accurately – we cannot accept liability for payments, not processing due to entering incorrect details at the time of enrollment.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused by your card issuer for any reason – you should address any refusal through your card issuer. Please note that we will not be in a position to inform you if your card issuer declined your payment; if in doubt, you should check that the payment has been deducted from your account through your card issuer.
- You are responsible for any additional bank charges incurred.
- In no event will edX or the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The charges payable shall be calculated in accordance with our standard rates at the time such services are provided. We shall be entitled to amend the rates that we charge without providing notice.
- Payments may be affected by way of a credit card transaction using a valid credit card, mobile money, a debit card transaction using a valid debit card, or electronic funds transfer. Note that to protect its own and the interests of its members, our payment processing provider scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud. Accordingly, a transaction may be refused if its legitimacy is not satisfactory.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy, we will, in the event that any sum is not paid, on or before its due date, cancel enrollment.
- All transactions are final. Refunds will not be issued.
Payment Plan Agreement
By selecting to pay enrollment fees using an Africa.com Payment Plan, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are responsible for paying each installment before the final due date even if there is no reminder notice.
- It is your responsibility to verify your enrollment for the course before the course start date.
- Payment in full must be received by the final payment deadline.
- Should you decide not to take the course, you are not eligible for a refund of payments made. All transactions are final. Refunds will not be issued.
Overpayments and Refunds:
- In the event that an overpayment is made in respect of any fee, the credit balance arising will be returned to the payer’s original form of payment.
- Where a refund is sought for any other reason, the no-refund policy is in force and will not be altered.
- The payment of fees via this online facility does not on its own constitute an agreement between you and Africa.com, edX, or the University.
- If you would like to pay your fees with this facility (pay.africa.com), but you are concerned about the security and reliability of the service, please be assured that your payment details are automatically secured and encrypted when you enter them.
Privacy and Data Protection:
Africa.com provides this online payment facility as a service to you. Africa.com is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. For full information on our data usage, please read our privacy notice here: Privacy Notice.
We will only use the information entered on this site for the following purposes:
- Administration of your payment and maintenance of your account with us, including the issue of receipts by email and the administration of enrollment codes.
- To contact you about payments you have made.
- Prevention of fraud.
- Debt recovery.
Occasionally, we might need to share your information with other organizations to fulfill the above purposes. We will not otherwise sell, license or trade your personal information to others. We do not provide your personal information to direct marketing companies or other such organizations. We do not store your credit or debit card information after payments have been processed.
By using this facility you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy. Though the policy has been developed to take account of changes in Internet technology it is subject to change and any such changes will only be notified on this page.
The processing of personal data is regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any queries relating to this online payments facility, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: upon request, a telephone number will be provided to speak with an associate.
- Postal Address: Finance Department, Africa.com, 3 Columbus Cir 15th fl, New York, NY 10013
- Africa.com, LLC may, in its sole and absolute discretion, amend these terms and conditions, or any part thereof, at any time without notice.
By enrolling in the online course, you (the Student) authorize the recording of participation in online sessions.
By registering for the online course, I authorize the President and Fellows of Harvard College (“Harvard”) and its agents or contractors, on behalf of HarvardX, to make audio and video recordings, by any means and in any media (the “Recordings”), of my participation in the live online sessions and to use my name, voice, and likeness in connection with the reproduction, distribution and promotion of the Recordings.
Zoom Recordings of online course sessions.
I agree that Harvard will own the Recordings and all copyrights and other rights therein. I agree that Harvard will have the irrevocable, worldwide right to make, copy, edit, publish, distribute, play, show, perform, display and otherwise use and make available the Recordings and any works that may be derived from the Recordings, by any means and in any media now existing or hereafter invented, and to authorize others to do the same. I also grant to Harvard the rights set out in the preceding sentence with respect to any course materials that I have provided in connection with the Recordings, with due attribution.
I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or any written copy that may be used in connection therewith.
This Release for Recordings is executed as a document under seal governed by the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts.